Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Afraid of eating fat?

Let's let Chris Kress, L. Ac answer this one. Click here to see his discussion of dietary fat and health. :)

There is also a documentary called "Fat Head," pictured above, that explores the history of America's fear of eating fat and the real sources of our health issues.

I had a hard time letting myself eat a lot of fat, at first. But, only a few months later and 9 pounds lighter, I feel better than I have in a long time.

It seems our society's fear of dietary fat is based on a slew of misconceptions and distorted studies. The more I learn about the connection between sugar (cane sugar, high fructose corn syrup, white wheat flour, white rice, etc.) and insulin, the relationships between inflammation and heart issues and autoimmune conditions, and the profit food companies make off of grain products (think the middle aisles of most supermarkets), the more comfortable I feel eating oil galore.

Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment