Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 10: Successful bone broth, first time cooking pork chops

Locally raised pork chop cooked with lemongrass, bay leaves, and rosemary with steamed veggies and bone broth. 
I made them last night for the first time, seemed to work okay. 

Iced mint tea, one of my favorites. :) 

 I made my second batch of bone broth yesterday. This time I just put in local grass-fed beef soup bones, water, and salt. I cooked it in my slow cooker on low for 13 hours.


I invested in a small strainer and borrowed some wide-mouth jars in preparation for concocting more gut-healing bone broth. These made the straining process go much smoother than last time!


 Ta-da! Two jars of golden broth. These should last me a few days.


The morning after, I have myself some beef-flavored jello! I'm so glad this stuff liquefies when it's warmed, my ex-vegetarian self would shrink even more from eating a jiggly bone substance. 

 Local grass-fed beef, free range lamb, steamed allowed veggies, bone broth. 

Frozen organic coconut oil and organic unsweetened coconut flakes. 

Not pictured: Grass-fed beef burgers and steamed veggies, chamomile tea 

No comments:

Post a Comment