Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 13

Menu:


  • 2 organic free range chicken thighs
  • steamed allowed plant matter (a mix of watercress, beet greens, and red swiss chard I believe)
  • probiotic supplement
  • grass-fed burger with extra grass-fed burger grease and chives
  • lettuce
  • my homemade bone broth from grass-fed beef
  • leftover pork chop 
  • more steamed veggies 
  • more bone broth
  • And, not pictured, organic unsweetened coconut flakes and organic unrefined coconut oil


 


 I think even Dr. Terry Wahls would be satisfied with the quantity of vegetables I consume these days. I probably will have consumed more vegetable matter in this one detox month than I did during the entire last year (eek, right!).

I saw an ad for V8 vegetable juice in a TIME magazine today, and it referenced the fact that most people don't eat the 5 servings of vegetables that are recommended by the USDA. Other food groups so easily crown  out the vegetables, even as the health benefits of vegetables are touted by groups as varied as vegans and Paleo eaters.

So, here's to eating those veggies! This year I can say that I am actively cultivating a healthy habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment